Tuck in the Wood
Enjoy the serene, natural setting of Tuck In The Wood Campground located on one of the South Carolina Lowcountry’s most beautiful islands, St. Helena Island. Learn the history of St. Helena Island by visiting the Penn Center complex and museum or by taking a Gullah Tour. For the avid water person, St. Helena Island offers many boat landings which allow easy access to the most pristine waters in the area. The whole family will enjoy a wide variety of water activities which include shell fishing and sport fishing. Tuck in the Wood Campground is convenient to beautiful, historic Beaufort. Enjoy Beaufort’s charm and Southern hospitality by taking a scenic tour, visiting local museums, and playing golf on some of Beaufort’s finest golf courses. Explore the rich culture of St. Helena Island while treating yourself to the quiet, undisturbed nature in Tuck In The Wood Campground.
- Tucked back in the woods in a rural, natural setting
- 12 miles (North) from Hunting Island State Park and public beach
- 12 miles to Parris Island Marine Corps Recruit Depot
- 15 Minutes to Historic Beaufort and 45 minutes to Hilton Head Island
- Open Year Round
- NO Reservations Required
- Monthly “snowbird” rates available - please call the office.
- 80 RV and tent sites
- 30 amp and 50 amp electric available
- Clean bathhouse - hot showers and restrooms
- laundromat facility
- Recreation hall
- Stocked fresh water fishing pond
- Horseshoes and basketball court
- RV storage also available
- Cable TV hookup optional
- Wi-Fi available
- Pet friendly (No aggressive breeds like Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, or Dobermans)
Tuck yourself into nature and adventure when you stay in Tuck In The Wood Campground!